Do you want to travel to the United State of America to work? And you have passion to work in a Fish Farm? Here is your opportunity as Pet Segment is seeking for interested applicants from across the nations of the world.
Our Pet Segment is seeking a Fish Farm Technician position to be a part of our Aquatica division based in Ruskin, FL. Your primary role is to maintain the fish ponds as well as assisting with harvesting fish from the ponds and keeping the fish healthy. If you find your skills match the qualifications we are seeking below, we invite you to apply for this position!
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT and CENTA), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets.
Please see our web site for additional company information – www.central.com
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Set pumps on ponds to harvest. (Typically, 2 ponds per day)
- Seine ponds with partner to harvest fish out of the ponds.
- After all fish are harvested from the ponds, continue to pump the ponds dry.
- Set up diaphragm pump to pump mud and fish waste out of ponds for cleaning.
- Feed entire field.
- Manage fish health, including feeding of the fish, syphoning vats, scoping sick fish for diseases or parasites, then treating the fish accordingly.
- Processing orders each morning for delivery.
- Preparing fish for future sales by separating and grading them.
- Scrub dirty vats at the end of the day.
- Working to prophylactically treat fish on a daily basis.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to operate farm equipment is a plus, but not a must. i.e. Tractor and accessories such as front bucket and forks, rear mower deck, box blade, and sickle bar. We also operate RTVs, zero turn mowers, weed eaters, golf carts, and industrial sprayers.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- We have a casual work environment with on the job training.
- Positions and schedules vary depending on availability.
- We are a livestock facility; therefore, we have people on duty all days of the week.
- All positions are 40 hours per week with 5 days at 8 hours per day. (7am-4pm with 1-hour lunch each day)
- There may be some variation in work hours due to overtime, special projects, deadlines, and other concerns.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.